 Robotics / 20084
Re: >>15.2 MILLION EMAIL ADDRESSES...PLUS $2,000 IN FREE EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 03:33:38 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

I wonder if the mail gateway between lugnet.robotics and the robotics
mailing list has outlived its usefulness?

Noooooo!!!!   I love the email interface - I *deeply* hate web-based
message boards and news-based systems.

That's nice... but has nothing to do with what I said.

The lugnet.robotics group can be obtained via email if that's your preferred
interface. What I am asking is whether it makes sense to sever the link
between an external mailing list and the lugnet.robotics group. It seems to
be that link that allowed spam to get in (random spammers can't easily post
spam directly to LUGNET(tm), even if they're sending emails... it was posted
to the cynwyr mailing list which LUGNET happily trusted and let through,
presumably.)

Further, I asked the question with FUT set to admin.general. Not clear why
your reply is back in .robotics again, unless perhaps your interface is broken?

FUT reset to admin.general