 Robotics / 20085
Re: Steve Hassenplug on TechTV!!! (In a LUGnet T-shirt...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 04:24:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tommy Rainwater writes:
I rushed home for this one tonight..........

Just wanted to congratulate Steve on his appearance this evening on TechTV's
"The Screen Savers".... It's soooooo cool to see one of the gang on TV!!!

YES!! Way to go, Steve.

Host Leo Laporte conducted a great interview with Steve on his
"Legway" Mindstorms creation! I had not heard of the version 2.0 that
they highlighted... but it was cool to see!

It was *awesome* to see your models in action. :-) Made me totally want one.

LEGO Company: take note! the RCX can impress without shooting household pets,
breaking dinner plates, or videoing sis in bathroom (as was TLC's ad campaign)

Ya know, I think this made a nice demo for TTV's viewers of how simply such a
feat can be achieved, with a little clever technology use. 'playing' until you
found a solution.  And it was very easy to see how it worked.

Steve got in a LUGnet plug or two, as well as a plug for HiTechnic....

YES! Way cool [high five] Thank you.
You done us all proud. :-]

Congrats Steve!

Indeeed. BTW, hope you get cool job offers (Leo sure was trying for ya).

-Suz

--
Suzanne Green
LUGNET Admin