 Robotics / 20032
Re: Land mine robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 13:31:30 GMT

I hate to be a party-pooper, but I would strongly recommend you think twice
about getting sand mixed up with Lego gears, axles and motors.

I don't know if you could use some other medium like ground up packing
material or little foam balls as your base material.

If you decide to use magnetic mines, try using the train coupler magnets.
You may find you can make a detector by using another coupler magnet and a
light sensor monitoring it's movement. The couplers are pretty good at
"pointing" at each other over a range of an inch or two.

JB

In lugnet.robotics, "Scott Davis" <rcx2man@hotmail.com> writes:
Hi,
I thought of a new project and would like some input on the idea.  My idea
is to set up a sand box and hide objects to simulate land mines.  My thought
was to have a robot search for the hidden mines.  My question is, how can I
get the robot to sense the hidden mines?

Thanks in advance,
Scott