 Robotics / 19926
  Re: A Generic Idea

(...) My aging Agenda PDA does integer work at about the speed of a 100MHz Pentium. Floating point performance is terrifyingly slow though. Since the Agenda is a couple of years old now, I'd expect PDA's to be two or three times faster by now - so (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

Yes, I think the point isn't whether or not the robot has enough oomph to recognize faces or things like that :D The point is that you can do a *lotta* fun stuff with a camera or mike in a robot, if ONLY you could give the RCX a link to something (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

To get a PDA to interface to RCX is easy, i am right in thinking that TV remote is the same freqency etc as RCX? If so go to pdawin.com and get TVRemote (URL) i use version 3.1 which can learn commands, and we can display this on the PC and control (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

(...) Yes - I can control the RCX from my SONY Television remote (which is a programmable one) by 'teaching' it key commands from the Lego Remote - so if your PDA can act like a learning remote - it can drive the RCX and Scout bricks. (...) Yep - (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

(...) Now there are TV remotes that are computer controlled, so we don't even have to move our opposable thumb? Technology strides ever forward :PPP How would you get the TV remote control to talk to BrickOS or the RCX software though? (...) I don't (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A Generic Idea

(...) have (...) Yep its brilliant isn't it :) you can even do the whole house via the PC and x10 if u want :) (...) As this is meant to be a roverbot, i was envisiging learning the RCX remote control buttons to send mssg A and therefore make it go (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.robotics)