 Robotics / 19833
  flame sensor

I am trying to build a sensor to attach to the RCX that can sense a candle flame. I'll be attaching it to a robot that will use it to look for a candle, go to it and extinguish it. If any one has heard of such a sensor that's able to be interfaced (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

Just a quick thought, I was thinking that using both the light and temperature sensors might be the way to go. Let the robot search or seek the brightness of the flame with the light sensor. Then if the value is true, measure the heat with the temp (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: flame sensor

Look here (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf Of Vincent Grace Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 3:16 PM To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com Subject: flame sensor I am trying to build a sensor to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

(...) Lego actually make an 'official' temperature sensor. I guess that in combination with the light sensor, you'd be able to detect a candle flame. The biggest problem may be how to get the temp sensor close enough to the flame to unambiguously (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

I know folks use this sensor for the trinity fire fighting contest.... (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

(...) Vincent, I think I know of something that will fit what you want exactly. John Barnes ((URL) makes an InfraRed sensor that supposedly works over a range of 1-7 inches. Sensor info here: (URL) that helps, ~Mike (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

I know that the terms of use for lugnet prohibits advertising, but I assume it permits anti-advertising :) The item identified in this post will not act as a flame sensor. It is a proximity sensor which works by emitting its own IR illumination (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

(...) Oops, I guess I was wrong, then. Thanks for the correction, John. :-) ~Mike (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: flame sensor

(...) One of my 4710 student teams used this on a fire fighting robot, here is their project site: (URL) you will see there is some information there about flame spectra. Bruce ------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ---...--- Real embedded Java and much more (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)