 Robotics / 19829
19828  |  19830
Subject:
Problems with the linux version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 20:29:52 GMT

Hi,
I am painfully trying to set up the lejos2.0 on linux (SuSE8.0 and or
Knoppix3.1) with an USB-ir-Tower.
First I could not do the make as it says that the libirtower.so is missing.
That is true. Instead I've found a irtower.dll
file which probably should not belong there?! (I really downloaded the
unix-Version!) So I simply renamed the .dll to the
.so  file which was accepted by make. (Okey, some warnings... but the rest
was fine). Was that my first misstake?

Then I tried to dump the firmware with lejosfirmdl, but I could not find any
setting for RCXTTY to successfully connect
the USB-Tower. (Tried with /dev/ttyUSB1 and many other devices)
And now I am standing at that point and am desperately seeking for help.

Please, if anybody could help me... I'll send you a beer ;-)