 Robotics / 19832
Re: Problems with the linux version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:00:23 GMT

Hi Reto!

I just set it up two weeks ago, here is what I did (in general
description):

How to set up leJOS in Linux and use the USB Mindstorms Legotower:

* get current CVS version because leJOS 2.0 does not support the USB
Tower in Linux. Look at google for the sourceforge site, there is a
description how to get the cvs tree.

* in the directory "tools/linux/legousbtower" is the driver for Linux.
Read the readme file there to see how to install it. AND remember to
load the module! You could copy it manually into the module directory
and change your rc script to load it at boot time.

* "make" all the rest

* if you want to use all this now you have to set RCXTTY=usb (export
RCXTTY=usb) - usb in small letters!! And of course load the module. As
far as I can remember it "should" work then. Of course you also have to
set CLASSPATH when you want to download any files.

I hope this does the job. Remember to get the current CVS version
because in the 2.0 version the usb-tower is not supported.

Tell me if it worked and what you had to do more than what stands here
and what you had to do differently. For me it works now.

greetings,
Raphael