 Robotics / 19811
Re: Working motorized focus for Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 22:47:57 GMT

But how to I "weave" the SDK and the algorithms IN VC++?

I am only wondering if this idea of an autofocusing lego cam is feasible.
One day I may learn enough VC++ to be able to acomplish this project :-)

I'm glad to know there is hope!

Timothy

In lugnet.robotics, Andy Miller writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Timothy Schroeder writes:
I have no idea how to access the camera from a programming language, nor do
I have any experience in raw vision proccessing. Do you know how to do any
of these previously meantioned?

Timothy

Timothy,

One source of inspiration for the focusing algorithm is to look at codes
that expand the depth of focus by stitching together the in-focus portions
of multiple images. This is used in microscopy quite a bit. The software has
to be able to identify which portions of the picture are in-focus. Here is a
link to a description of the technique: http://www.sgi.com/grafica/depth/.
One of the steps is to detect edges. ImageMagick will do that
http://www.imagemagick.org.

Good luck,
Andy