 Robotics / 19807
Re: Working motorized focus for Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:12:09 GMT

Bluey wrote:

I was thinking of the same procedure. But to help with the varried depth
problem, a small part of the viewed area could be selected to be the
focusing point.

Yes - that'll also make the algorithm run faster.

So overall, it must be possible, right?

I'm sure it's possible.  What I'm not sure about is whether the kind
of naive algorithm that I could come up with after just a few minutes
thought would be effective.  It might take some rather serious image
processing algorithms to get a measure of how well focussed the image
is - and that might be a major learning experience!

Good Luck!  Tell us what works.

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net