 Robotics / 19809
Re: Working motorized focus for Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 16:42:12 GMT

Bluey wrote:
I have no idea how to access the camera from a programming language, nor do
I have any experience in raw vision proccessing. Do you know how to do any
of these previously meantioned?

No problem. The VC camera is a repacked Logitech. You can get a free
quickcam SDK from the Logitech homepage. With that, you can program the
camera under Windows.

If you want to use Linux, things get a bit more complicated. You could
use quickcam-tt as a driver under linux. Actually, I program my VC
camera with Kylix and actually can make pictures and watch video
streams, both with read() (slow but easy) or mmap() (faster but...). It
is possible to get about 7 pictures / second.

Regards,

Michael