 Robotics / 19788
Re: Tempted in buying my first Mindstorms invention kit - 1.5 vs 2.0 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 04:30:07 GMT

Roy Nelson wrote:
To add to Stephane question:

Are there any hardware differences between between the 2.0, 1.5, and 1.0
versions of the RCX brick?  Has anyone noticed any performance differences?

The only difference is that the 1.0 brick has an external power connector
so you can save batteries while testing by plugging in an external mains
adaptor.

In all other respects, the three bricks are identical.

Are all programmable with the included RIS 2.0 software?

Yes.  My 1.0 brick runs 2.0 firmware with no problems.
HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
            http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net