 Robotics / 1973
Re: legOS - Does it work for you?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:14:35 GMT

It might be worth picking up the standard malloc/free and seeing if they
work any better.

I tried that with the same results.  At that point, I added some
debug messages to the malloc and free routines.  Using the demo
light-sensor program I wrote down the addresses returned by malloc.
There are only two calls per execi, the process_data structure (AKA pid)
and the stack for process.  However, when the program ends and
mm_reaper free is being called with bogus addresses.  They are not
the same ones previously returned from the malloc calls.  Which
leads me to the conclusion that the task management routines, or
my compiler is not doing the right thing.

My real question, is my gcc setup wrong or does the light-sensor
demo stop working properly for everyone after the 6th time you
toggle the run button on and off?

Ben are you using gcc and Linux to do your development?