 Robotics / 19726
Re: RCX Tank Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 01:22:20 GMT

I'm enough of a purist that I wouldn't ust non-lego treads, atleast I
wouldn't go searching / buying a set.  I am considering using a low temp
glue gun to hold the 1x4 plates on.  I did use a thin elastic cording on the
inside of the conveyor links to help prevent them from detatching.  If it
helped it only helped a little as the links would seperate from time to
time.  It did make it easier to re-attach them.

By the way Tobbe, I've combined a couple of mechanism to 'cock' the hammer
by turning a motor one way and cause it to release by turning the motor the
other way.  It still is pretty rough and no where near ready to install on
the platform.

Roy

In lugnet.robotics, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes writes:
Are non-Lego treads are out of the question? I've had lots of luck with
different brands including the ones shown on my very old web page at
www.borg.com/~pinkmice

Depends on who you are, a 100% LEGO solution is better IMHO.

Of course glue or cross stitching falls out of the purists world.

I once made some heavy duty treads from halvbeams and cross axles but found it
difficult to get enough traction from the drive wheels. It occurs to me now
that a sprocket could have been made from LEGO...

http://www.lotek.nu/creations/gunhead/

Love your rat John!

Best regards,
/Tobbe