 Robotics / 19719
Re: RCX Tank Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:50:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, John Barnes writes:
Are non-Lego treads are out of the question? I've had lots of luck with
different brands including the ones shown on my very old web page at
www.borg.com/~pinkmice

Depends on who you are, a 100% LEGO solution is better IMHO.

Of course glue or cross stitching falls out of the purists world.

I once made some heavy duty treads from halvbeams and cross axles but found it
difficult to get enough traction from the drive wheels. It occurs to me now
that a sprocket could have been made from LEGO...

http://www.lotek.nu/creations/gunhead/

Love your rat John!

Best regards,
/Tobbe