 Robotics / 19717
    RE: RCX Tank Base —Rob Limbaugh
   <SNIP> (...) I haven't tried any adhesives on my tracks yet, but I was thinking of trying hot-glue if it doesn't melt the LEGO's or some tub caulk. School glue and/or wood glue (leaning more towards wood glue) may have enough strength to hold and it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Tank Base —John Barnes
     Are non-Lego treads are out of the question? I've had lots of luck with different brands including the ones shown on my very old web page at www.borg.com/~pinkmice JB (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: RCX Tank Base —Tobbe Arnesson
     (...) Depends on who you are, a 100% LEGO solution is better IMHO. Of course glue or cross stitching falls out of the purists world. I once made some heavy duty treads from halvbeams and cross axles but found it difficult to get enough traction from (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: RCX Tank Base —Roy Nelson
     I'm enough of a purist that I wouldn't ust non-lego treads, atleast I wouldn't go searching / buying a set. I am considering using a low temp glue gun to hold the 1x4 plates on. I did use a thin elastic cording on the inside of the conveyor links to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Tank Base —Steve Baker
     (...) > of trying hot-glue if it doesn't melt the LEGO's... There are two kinds of hot-melt glue guns - High temperature and Low temperature. I know that the low temperature kind definitely don't melt Lego and the glue does peel off relatively (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: RCX Tank Base —Roy Nelson
     I never thought of using a low-temp glue gun. It does peal off nicely on smooth flat surfaces. I'll have to test it out! Could get messy on the back side of the plates and in the treads. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX Tank Base —Tim Auton
   "Rob Limbaugh" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message news:73718FFFA963C04...oup.com... [attaching tracks snipped] (...) sound) (...) the (...) This may help stop them falling right off (as Roy Nelson says leter in this thread), but I'd be very (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)