 Robotics / 19578
  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) I keep wanting to make up something like this. But I haven't, yet. Here's something to get you started: (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Thanks Steve, I saw these site before, it´s a nice job but the described algorithm is based more on "edge following" than on "line following". For this kind of algorithm the best solution would be a grayscale track such as the "Nascar racers" (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Dave Baum's Definitive Guide gives a good treatment for the case of a single light sensor. However, to follow a line as opposed to "edge following" with elegance and ability to negotiate sharp 90-degree bends requires two light sensors as was (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Have a variable remembering if the 'bot found the line turning left or right and try that direction first instead of random. This way the bot will go much fast through long turns but will always seek wrong direction for the first correction of (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) I guess that an improvement can be: If the sensor is on track for more than an specified time, the bot can seek at first at the opposite site as he found it the last time. Of course, it will not be bullet proof, but it may work, I´ll give it a (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Cool, this book is now high on my wish list. (...) I think that developing a good working solution that drives the robot both fast and precisely over the track, and still uses only 1 light sensor would be the ideal solution. I´m still (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Mission well nigh impossible, I think. (...) One light ensor is ok for starters. It's not difficult to get an additional light sensor. Most of us think the RIS should have come with 2 light sensors in the first place. (...) Have a look at some (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) *smacks my forehead with my palm* But of course! Best, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Well I suppose this statement applies to me since I have organized an event that limits the robots to a single light sensor. However, in my defense, I must say that the intent behind the rule was to make the game more fair for all competitors. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

All this talk of line following competitions has got me interested. Does anyone know if there are any such competitions in or around Minnesota? Also, what are the best places to look out for this kind of thing? Thanks, Gary (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) Of course. But then, some are more "real" than others ;-) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms

(...) I don't think there is really a good source for this information, yet. I'm planning on making a web page with information about line following, including event locations, in the near future. One place to look is the regular robot clubs. Like: (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Line following algorithms