 Robotics / 1949
Re: Hacking the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 01:17:33 GMT

Earle Clubb <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Thanks for the links, everyone.  I'm wondering if anyone's doing any
hardware hacking; i.e. using the I/O directly from the H8 or using its
interrupts, basically going straight for the heart of the system and
bypassing all the pretty stuff.  Specifically, I'm wondering what kind of
s/w and h/w mods need to be made in order to use the H8's interrupts.
Thanks.

Again, you want to visit the links I mentioned:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/~kekoa/rcx/#Rom
http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics/
http://www.multimania.com/legos/

Specifically, the first link contains some documentation about what i/o
ports are used for what and how the interrupts are used by the ROM.

The third link is for LegOS, which accesses the i/o directly and installs a
few of its own interrupt handlers.  If you take a close look at the code
I'm sure you will learn something.

My ROM Reference will put all the interesting information in a single
place, but you will have to wait for that.

-Kekoa