 Robotics / 1948
Re: Light Sensor & CyberMaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 00:04:42 GMT

First off I don't have a CyberMaster.  From what I understand it is like the
RCX in raw mode.   I would not think the LEGO Light sensor would be worth
the bother.  I don't really know why it produces anything with the voltages
it sees from a CyberMaster.  Adding an LED won't help it much, in passive
mode it takes a lot of light just to see it change in reading at all.  I'd
use the CdS based home brew light sensor from my page. You could also use a
IR detector, but remember they are like diodes and will only work in one
polarity.  Just in case you don't have my URL:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Michael_Gasperi/lego.htm
Mike G.