 Robotics / 1946
1945  |  1947
Subject:
Light Sensor & CyberMaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 23:48:11 GMT

I have a CyberMaster and I would like to know your opinion if it's worth purchasing a light sensor, even knowing I will never be able to use it in active mode.
Is it sensible enough to read ambient light? How sensitive?

If I add a small lamp/LED on top of the sensor, do you think it can generate enough IR light so that the sensor becomes active (sort of)?

What about building my own?
Knowing I'm better at destroying hardware that building it ;-), do you think it's worth the mess?

I'm also a bit unsure about the possible applications of it.
Besides a bot detects light and takes some action on it and crude rotation sensor, what other uses are for it?
Do you use it a lot in your projects?

Sorry all these questions.
Any help on this will help me make my mind on the subject.

Laurentino Martins   *<||:-)

[mailto:lau@mail.telepac.pt]
[http://www.terravista.pt/Enseada/2808/]