 Robotics / 19433
Re: Moving robots in trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 17:32:16 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Sonnich Jensen writes:
I should specify a bit.

Chris Magnn suggested that it could be "show me the monkey"
(on http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/ )

It is not the one I am after, if I recall correcly the videos was on brickshelf.
The robots are moving on a table, some large plates and a wall around and
trees which the have to avoid.

Anyone knows about this?

In lugnet.robotics, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Hi all!

I recall seeing some robots moving in trees, on some plates where they had
to move from one place to another without hitting anything, or had to
collect some items.

Can anyone send me a mail telling where I can find this?

Your initial description made it difficult to figure out what you were
talking about. I was imagining robots moving around in 'real' trees, which
is something I would LOVE to see. But now I realize that you're probably
talking about a "BrickHeap Wars" competition I ran at BricksWest. Here's a
pointer to the description which also has some brickshelf links towards the
bottom of the message. This is probably what you were talking about. The
object, by the way, was to 'pull weeds', which were the small round trees,
and leave the big cypress trees standing.

http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=17386

--
  David Schilling