 Robotics / 19374
Re: Guidance, Advice, etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 12:59:35 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Brass Tilde) writes:

5. I've seen some of the links on the list about where to purchase for
something less than retail cost, and I've found a link on the Lego site
which has the RIS 2.0, Vision Command and Ultimate Builders Set bundled for
$249.00 and free shipping.  On the surface, this sounds like a good deal,
but how useful are those other two items.

I'd say go for it.  Ultimate Builders set has an extra motor,
a touch sensor and some pneumatics, and the projects are also nice,
though only on CD.

Vision Command is a web cam with studs, and there are a few nice
pieces in it.
In leJOS people are playing with vision, it's very new and currently
only in CVS.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>