 Robotics / 19333
19332  |  19334
Subject:
Hardware mods to the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 06:07:06 GMT

Ok, I'm interested in doing some hardware mods to a few RCX bricks to get
better communication.  So here are a couple of questions:

1. Has anyone published an actual schematic of the 1.0 RCX?

2. Has anyone already designed a USB interface to the RCX?

I'm thinking about either designing or (hopefully) finding a small USB to
serial TTL daughterboard that can be easily (for some value of easily)
installed inside the brick.  I'm thinking about using the power from the
USB connection to open relays to the IR section so that I can run serial
at 38400 full duplex.  Ideas?

-- Matt

From my heart and from my hand, why don't people understand my intention?