 Robotics / 19332
Re: Problem with auto-steering mechanism.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 05:23:34 GMT

Steve Baker wrote:

That might work - but it comes into the catagory of 'iffy' friction
adjustment!  I'll give it a try.

I made a flimsy mini-rover version of Ben Jackson's rover a while back.
Note the use of iffy friction in the rear by barely inserting an axle
into a micromotor pulley:
http://www.bloomington.in.us/~alano/brian/legos.html

The front wheels are offset from the vehicle's center line to counter
the rotational torque of the differential, helping it go more straight
(straighter(?)).