 Robotics / 18632
    Re: Brainstorms —Richard Jenkins
   Cheers John! Not really a high-end user, I'm fairly satisfied with the RCX brick with a few exceptions: First, it isn't really that robust. I've got 2 RCX bricks, and both get amnesia. Bending out the battery clips reduced the problem in one, but (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Brainstorms —Steve Baker
   (...) Also, for the Robot Sumo fanatics, they could have multiple battery packs and many, many motors. If the batteries aren't modular - then they impose a limit on the amount of stuff you can have - so the power supply has to scale along with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Brainstorms —David Koudys
     (...) <snip> (...) buy in the store, much as it is now. Then, like servos or such, you can buy add-on's which would snap to the side of the RCX. These add on kits could be: motors plus snap-on expansion port to the RCX Sensors (any type) with, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Brainstorms —Bruce Powell
     (...) ......... SNIP (...) Why have just one BUS, different BUS's are optiomised for different purposes and it can be easy to support different types (Possibly by different midules). ie 1Wire, I2C, Ethernet Bruce Powell (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Brainstorms - multiple I/O buses —Bruce Boyes
     (...) Exactly our approach. JStik on a JCX system will have ethernet, high speed I/O bus (bytewide data, addresses and strobes). SPI and I2C are supported, also Dallas 1Wire with a JSimm board plug in. Oh, IrDA and RS485 will be options too. When? (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Brainstorms (battery options) —Bruce Boyes
   (...) I like the 9.6V NiMH R/C model battery packs, that's what we use in my university class. It's easy to parallel them or have separate packs for brain, motor and servos. Should we stick with that and add an on-board charger? Or keep the charger (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics)