 Robotics / 18501
  Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel writes: <snip> (...) So Gigamesh is waiting on my doorstep last night when I get home from work. Took me a bit to install the software (~600 meg full install), then putting the thing together via instructions on my (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Spybotics - A great disappointment

(...) <snip> (...) Thank goodness a grownup (and I use the term loosely) "gets" the Spybots. When I watched the kids playing, I got the sense that LEGO had hit the mark because it gently guides kids to imagining they are the agent. Even better, they (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel writes: <snip> (...) One of the few things that playing with LEGO since my earliest recollection has taught me over the past 35 years is that you really don't ever loose that kid in you--it may get hidden away in (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment

Hey Ralph, is an implementation of pbForth on the Spybotics brick a future plan?. I think it would be really cool. (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Spybotics - A great disappointment

(...) As far as I can tell, there's no easy way to do replacement firmware for the Spybotics brick. Dave is adding NQC support, and LEGO has their own Mindscript language available for all of their bricks. Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 27-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)