 Robotics / 18109
Re: Even better, RIS 1.5, $99.99
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 02:03:02 GMT

I've been wondering if anybody has any ideas why they chose to go with IR as
opposed to RF? The substantial limitations of IR make it highly impracticle
for robotics. The only two reasons I can see would be cost or power
limitations. I can't imagine that RF would cost much more then IR (but I
could be wrong), so I'm assuming it is a power issue.