 Robotics / 17975
RE: remote control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 17:53:20 GMT

The 3 buttons marked [1], [2] and [3] send the respective Message() i.e.
When pressing button [1] it sends a Message(1) and so forth up to button [3]
that sends a Message(3).

The [A], [B] and [C] mimic the function possible on the RCX itself, by
sending the respective FWR or REV commands to the RCX.

The [P1], [P2] ... to [P5] buttons send a START PROGRAM(x) to the RCX. (x)
equals to the respective program number 1 to 5.

The [STOP] stops the currently running program.

Finally, the [BEEP] sends a BEEP command to the RCX (usefull to IR range
testing or to remotely scare your cat)

Hope it helps :)

mc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laura O'Grady [mailto:l.ogrady@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 3:48 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: remote control

I have a couple of questions about the remote control that
comes with the
Ultimate Accessory Kit.  I am assuming it is the same one that can be
purchased on its own (#9738).

At http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/9738 there is a jpeg image
of the remote
control that indicates there are 5 program keys (P1 through
P5).  And at
http://www-control.eng.cam.ac.uk/sc10003/addon.html#remote_con
trol it says
that these keys "can also send messages".  Can you, for
example, download
more than one program to it so that you can change the
programs on the RCX
when it is away/out of range from the computer/IR tower?
There seems to be
similar buttons (1, 2, 3 and A, B, C) as found on the RCX.
What else is it
capable of?

Thanks for any help.

Laura