 Robotics / 179
Re: Lego Plotter - a few pics.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 17:12:37 GMT

Don Forth wrote:
<snip>

Don't give me too much grief on my lego page I have just recently started
keeping
a Lego specific page and I am still toying with the layout - any comments
would be
appreciated...

--
=====================================
Don Forth ( Klaatu )

<Grin>

I love good modesty like this, along the lines of "I've just spent a
bunch of time making plastic LEGO Elements do things that people might
be shocked and amazed to see, and I've gone to the trouble to
photograph the models, and I've scanned those models, and I've done
some HTML so you can check it out on your own, but please don't gimme
any _crap_ about the pages because they're still a work in
progress..."

I get about half-way through the conceptualization of all this, and I
think two things: a) Don't a perfectionist [this is a good thing IMHO,
I'm one too], and b) He's being WAY too hard on his own page's look.

It came out 2 for 2.  :)

Let me say that on both counts, you've got a good deal of Todd and his
web efforts in you -- nice clean design, full text updates on what's
going on, clear, detailed, well-lit photos, and a sense of true
interest in what you're presenting. All mixed in with a healthy dose
of modesty and some interesting details (in your case, the glass of
Coke in the photo is robarm1.jpg had me LOL).

In short, "rockin' pages, Don"; a true candidate for CLSOTW, easily.
You HAD the substance to start with (a VERY important web page
requirement), and you've done it up well with style.

I can't WAIT to see more <pant> <pant>

-- joshua

[This was not a paid endorsement.  :-P]