 Robotics / 161
Re: Lego Plotter - a few pics.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 02:09:00 GMT

Martyn Boogaarts wrote in message ...
PS about your spider:
Try a movement like the one on 3 motor (nice for mindstorms)
(leg 1 mot 1)     (leg 2 mot 2)   (leg 3 mot 1)
(leg 4 mot 3)     (leg 5 mot 2)   (leg 6 mot 3)

walks  like this
move leg 2 down and leg 5 up
move leg 1 forward and leg 3 forward
move leg 2 up and leg 5 down
move leg 4 forward and leg 6 forward
move leg 1 back and leg 3 back
move leg 2 down and leg 5 up
move leg 4 back and leg 6 back
start all over
see

http://www.lynxmotion.com
http://www.lynxmotion.com/images/index/h1-wskr.jpg
for a picture

hmm, with a leg configuration like this  - how would you handle
Turning.  I was thinking about the brute force method of one motor
for lego motions and two for just picking the whole assembly up and
rotating it.  Not very pretty, but.... anyway...  With a separate motor for
each leg pair - this would be difficult.

wait a minute - hmm,

I have seen a few leg designs where the motion is 90 degrees to what I
was attempting.  If using the three motors you keep the center motor
stable, and have the outside motors moving in reverse of each other - you
could probably have the bot turn.  I'll try this and post some pictures this
weekend....

Again thanks for the response....

Don Forth ( Klaatu )
email: dforth@caro.net