 Robotics / 17838
    Re: New MOC: RoboArm I —Robert Fay
   I am not a big fan of Lego pneumatics either, but they are so light weight and a perfect solution in your application. The micromotors have so little power, that you would have to gear them down to get any holding power for your grippers. Then (...) (22 years ago, 9-May-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build)

        Re: New MOC: RoboArm I —Steve Baker
   (...) Yes - I agree. I'd avoid using micromotors anyway because of their tendancy to lock up when you put any kind of strain on them. Micromotors are good for little decorative features or small one-time operations that don't need much power. So (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New MOC: RoboArm I —Robert Fay
   I don't know of any other source for the flex axle. I found that they did not turn smoothly. Tend to loft. Maybe they can be contained at several points to stop the whipping action. Micromotors seem to work well in pairs, I guess they unlock each (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New MOC: RoboArm I —Brian Sadowski
     (...) I agree with your opinions of the flex axles, they dont turn smoothly, and if there is any slack the flex axles sometimes bend in on themselves before turning the axle. I found the best way to use them is to keep the amount of bend to a minium (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: New MOC: RoboArm I —Steve Baker
   (...) Yes - you need to thread them though some technic beams along the way. ---...--- Steve Baker ---...--- Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net> WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com> URLs : (8 URLs) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.robotics)