 Robotics / 17619
Re: RIS parts questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:40:05 GMT

There's an older version of the black pegs that are even tighter. Too tight,
in my opinion, so I've set the few that I have aside. You can easily tell
the difference- look at a regular black peg. It has short lengthwise ridges
on the ends about 2mm long, and by the center stop. The older tight ones
have these ridges all the way across. Also, the notches on the ends are
slightly shallower. Both of these features make them very hard to pull out.

In lugnet.robotics, <sjbaker@link.com> writes:
Mike Reddy wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, John Gentilin writes:

I think the constructorpedia is better in RIS 1.0. It has less
in actual bots to put together but explains more of the basics,
fir instance the difference between grey & black pegs.

What is the difference?

The black ones fit tightly into the holes in various Lego parts - the
grey ones are a looser fit and spin freely.  Use grey pegs to fit
parts that will rotate relative to one another - use black ones
otherwise.

See this for more details about all of the Lego pegs:

http://www.sjbaker.org/steve/lego/pegs.html

----
Steve Baker                      (817)619-2657 (Vox/Vox-Mail)
L3Com/Link Simulation & Training (817)619-2466 (Fax)
Work: sjbaker@link.com           http://www.link.com
Home: sjbaker1@airmail.net       http://www.sjbaker.org