 Robotics / 17534
Re: Infra-Red
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 12:52:23 GMT

Juergen Stuber wrote:

The reason is that my laptop doesn't have a serial port. Lego says IR
and USB<->Serial does not work... but I don't want to buy 2.0 to get the
USB tower.

The USB tower doesn't work well with Linux for the moment.

I think this is not entirely true: Depending on your USB controller it may work
quite well. I have used USB-towers with Linux 2.4.16, NQC 2.4.r2 in a class last
week. They ran for 6 whole days on 12 machines without any significant problems.

Reinhard

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>
http://www.loria.fr/~stuber/

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii;
     name="rs.vcf"