 Robotics / 17338
  LIDARStation and LIDARDisp application finished

Well, my first serious Mindstorms project is complete. (URL) Go to "Lego Robotics Projects". Thanks to everyone who has given me suggestions on getting my Linux laptop serial port happy, and on IR comms issues and to everyone who did light-based (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LIDARStation and LIDARDisp application finished

(...) Nice idea, Chris, very interesting project. I'd like to replicate your setup using John Barnes' Ultrasonic distance sensor instead of the light sensor. This should increase the radius of the scanned area, and make the device return the true (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LIDARStation and LIDARDisp application finished

(...) Thanks, Mario. Love your work too, BTW. (...) I think this would be a very useful modification. Wish I had an ultrasonic sensor to do it with myself. ;) I will point out that the reason the entire assembly rotates is because I wanted it to (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LIDARStation and LIDARDisp application finished

(...) Not really. I believe this enough to try it soon. :) Two motors to turn and tilt the camera, and one for a differential drive setup(possibly using the reverse differential device). All the sensor ports would be used however - 1 for the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LIDARStation and LIDARDisp application finished

(...) I'm highly interested in seeing your results. The RCX obviously is not brainy enough to process and use the 3D data, but a host computer could be. I'd be interested in helping with the host software on a project like this. I've thought about (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.robotics)