 Robotics / 17338
17337  |  17339
Subject:
LIDARStation and LIDARDisp application finished
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 01:48:56 GMT

   Well, my first serious Mindstorms project is complete.

http://www.arcticus.com
   Go to "Lego Robotics Projects".

   Thanks to everyone who has given me suggestions on getting my Linux laptop
serial port happy, and on IR comms issues and to everyone who did light-based
proximity detection before me.

   The NQC source to the LIDARStation and the Linux C++ source to the LIDARDisp
graphical display application are freely available. Click on the LIDARDisp link
for lots more info and screenshots of it working.

   Comments welcomed.

   LIDARStation
     A rotating visible-light LIDAR device I cooked up as a test. Emits audible tones to correspond with signal strength, higher pitch indicates
stronger return, aka closer/brighter object.

   LIDARDisp
     LIDARdisp is a small Linux/svgalib application using parts of rcxlib from Dave Baum's NQC to communicate with the LIDARStation RCX to start/stop
scanning, and upload the logged data at the end of each scanning pass. The uploaded data is plotted radially, and a small amount of diagnostic data
(samples, sample angular resolution, RCX battery voltage) is displayed.

Chris - Xenon
--
  Chris Hanson | Xenon@3DNature.com | I've got friends in low latitudes!
         New WCS 5 Demo Version!     http://www.3DNature.com/demo/