 Robotics / 17269
Re: power source
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 21:12:48 GMT

This was just discussed on lugnet.robotics.rcx.

I have an rcx 2.0, and you can see what I did here:
http://members.rogers.com/swatsons/power4small.jpg
I used a 7809 voltage regulator.
Note that this requires some basic electronics and soldering skills.

I would not use a wall wart, because the voltage is not very well regulated.

Btw, you cant hurt your rcx by using a 9v 1a power supply. You cant hurt
it by using a 9v 15a power supply. The amp rating is a maximum, the rcx
will only use what it needs.

Trevyn.

Kingsley Gifford wrote:

I am using a mindstorms 1.5 (although it says "rcx 1.0" on the rcx.

This model does not have a port to connect an external powersupply. Most
of my projects do not involve portability/motion of the rcx so using a
transformer would be fine to me. Has anyone done this or have any
suggestions? I have a couple adjustable power transformers that would
suplly 9V DC and while rummaging through my junk I found an old sega
adapeter, although this one is rated at 9V 1A (possibly to powerful?)

thanks