 Robotics / 16983
Re: Using the Differential to drive straight.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:42:26 GMT

I don't have the book either. Did Mario and Giulio seem to think this
selectable torque locking helped in helping a robot travel straighter
or turn more consistently?  I had initially intended this to be a sort
of transmission to give the option of giving the robot a bit more oomph
when travelling forwards or backwards with MotorC but realized that it
could also help compensate for torque differences between Motors A+B.

J G Gregory wrote:

I don't have this book yet.  Can it be done with parts ONLY from the RIS
set?
--Jack Gregory

I think I've seen some designs around that duplicate the function of
the differential using a more linear gear arrangement (ie. can build it
with stock RIS kit parts).  Try doing a search for:  "Limited Slip
Differential" on Lugnet.

Dave