 Robotics / 16892
Re: firmware update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 21:28:22 GMT

I would check to see if you have a good download.  My copy, which works,
shows a size of 68,644 bytes.  If your copy differs or even if it doesn.t I
would try a fresh download.
--
Rich Clemens
clemens@wvwc.edu

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Stabno" <similego@home.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2001 3:44 PM
Subject: firmware update

Hello folks,

Could you help me out with this question?

I'm wanting to update the RIS firmware to the new frm0328.lgo file which I
downloaded through the beta SDK zip file.  I'm a bit of a newbie when it
comes to Mindstorms and not quite sure how to go about the updload to the • RCX.

Using the RCX Command Center's download feature, I get a "Firmware • download
failed.  Put the RCX closer and try again" error.  It seems that no matter
how close or far the RCX, the download doesn't work (it does work fine • when
downloading the standard firmware from the RIS CD).

Also, is this firmware different from that contained in the Vision Command
system?

Help well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.lugnet.com/~19/