 Robotics / 16889
16888  |  16890
Subject:
firmware update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 29 Dec 2001 20:44:37 GMT

Hello folks,

Could you help me out with this question?

I'm wanting to update the RIS firmware to the new frm0328.lgo file which I
downloaded through the beta SDK zip file.  I'm a bit of a newbie when it
comes to Mindstorms and not quite sure how to go about the updload to the RCX.

Using the RCX Command Center's download feature, I get a "Firmware download
failed.  Put the RCX closer and try again" error.  It seems that no matter
how close or far the RCX, the download doesn't work (it does work fine when
downloading the standard firmware from the RIS CD).

Also, is this firmware different from that contained in the Vision Command
system?

Help well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.lugnet.com/~19/