 Robotics / 16898
Re: Version
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 16:14:04 GMT

In article <3C2EA637.CEC4E705@airmail.net>, sjbaker1@airmail.net wrote:

Brass Tilde wrote:

What are the major differences between the 1.5 version and the 2.0
versions
of the Mindstorm?  Reason I ask is because I see that there are
upgrades
available to bring the 1.5 version up to 2.0 which, when combined with
the
lower prices that can be found for a 1.5 set, is *still* less than a
new 2.0
set.

AFAIK, RIS 2.0 has...

* A few extra/different parts (but nothing significant I think).\

There's only one new part in RIS 2.0 - a fiber optic strand that can be
used to route communication between the tower and a programmable brick.

* New software (but you can download that from the Lego web site as the
beta version).

You can download the SDK from the site, but I haven't seen the updated
RCX Code (Lego's visual programming environment) software anywhere but
on the 2.0 CD.  If you are using RCX Code, then the 2.0 update is
definitely worth getting.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com