 Robotics / 1683
Re: MindStorms/CM pros and cons. Was: Lego-animated building instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 02:04:13 GMT

Laurentino Martins <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
And I really need to know the memory limit of the RCX. Anyone?
Just paste a bunch of asm blocks at the end of any program until an
error comes up. Thanks.

This has been known for a while.  You have a little less than 6K.

Starting with 6K, or 6144 bytes:
   Subtract 1 byte for every subroutine, -40 bytes total.
   Subtract 3 bytes for the datalog, -3 bytes total.

I think that's everything.  You are left with 6101 bytes.  Enjoy!

-Kekoa