 Robotics / 16448
Re: Installing Vision Command on Windows 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 08:43:35 GMT

"Carlo Ottolina" <kruntz@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message
"Daniel Crichton" <danielc@helio.co.uk> wrote in message
I download the drivers and installed them, but W2K reports a code 10 • problem
"device cannot start". I've also tried installing the drivers from the
Vision Command CD in the Windows2000 folder and have the same problem.

Is your camera recognized with a vendor ID 0x046D and product ID 0x0850?
What is the version of the drivers you used?

I finally got it working. Windows 2000 was rebooting my PC when the Logitech
drivers were supposed to be installed so they weren't being completed
properly. After uninstalling the Logitech software and then reinstalling I
picked No at the Windows 2000 reboot prompt when the Logitech drivers dialog
appeared and then when I plugged in the camera when prompted Windows 2000
successfully got the drivers installed. It's just knowing at which point to
say No to the Windows 2000 reboot dialog, and then it works.

I'm using the latest drivers, came as part of the QuickCam 6 software.

Dan