 Robotics / 16462
Re: Installing Vision Command on Windows 2000?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:49:17 GMT

"Lee Holeva" <neuralm@speakeasy.net> wrote in message

What service pak is installed with Win2000 may make a difference.  I have
two Win2000 machines, my desktop machine does not have service pak 1
installed while may laptop does.  I had no difficulty installing the
Logitech WebCam drivers on the desktop machine, but no luck at on the
laptop.

I have SP2 on my desktop machine. It just appears to be an issue with W2K
wanting to reboot once you plug the camera in while the Logitech drivers
haven't been installed properly. I'm going to try them on another W2K
machine soon (I have a few here I can try, plus my home PC) and see if I can
get them to install first time.

I have noticed that the new v6 QuickCam software uses drivers that cause the
video to be significantly slower than the drivers (v5.3.1?) from the Vision
Command CD on both my W2K and WinME machines that I've tried them on. I
might remove the newer drivers and put the old ones back on unless I can
work out what the problem is.

Dan