 Robotics / 16390
    RE: Question about RIS version differences —Tilman Sporkert (webMethods)
   Installing the USB tower adds an entry in the Windows Control Panel for tower configuration. This panel has all the necessary options to configure the tower for use with a MicroScout (i.e. use visible light instead of Infrared). However, I have not (...) (23 years ago, 30-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Question about RIS version differences —Colin White
     Robolab 2.5 (which supports the USB tower) has the following VLL commands: 1. Send Command over the VLL port to the Microscout (supports both direct and script commands) 2. Send 7-bit VLL command to the VLL port 3. Send VLL command to another device (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Question about RIS version differences —Colin White
      An addendum to my previous post. The VLL section of this newsgroup also mentions: 1. A user-written package WINVLL that supports the USB tower and the Microscout. 2. That the Code Pilot does support VLL. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Question about RIS version differences —Miles Gentry
     (...) Where did you find those VLL commands for the USB IR tower? We found the VLL commands for the Scout. Tilman said that the Windows Control Panel for tower configuration has all the necessary options to configure the tower for use with a (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.vll)

         Re: Question about RIS version differences —Colin White
     The Windows Control Panel setting switches the USB tower between IR mode and VLL mode. Your then need software to send the appropriate VLL commands. WinVLL is one such program. On reflection I think I am in error about RoboLab 2.5. I think the VLL (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.vll)

        Re: Question about RIS version differences —Juergen Stuber
   (...) The tower seems to support VLL on the hardware level (it has four USB configurations, RCX vs VLL times high vs low power). So once you've put it into the right configuration you probably can just write the VLL data to the device \\.\legotower1 (...) (23 years ago, 31-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics)