 Robotics / 16250
Re: rechargeable 9V battery packs for RCX/JCX and Legos motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 02:27:51 GMT

Dave, these look very good.. both the male and female appear
to be recessed...  Which end is typically used for the battery??

Thanks!  Terry

dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com says...
In article <MPG.16068fc11ac66559989681@lugnet.com>, Terry King
<tking@waitsriver.k12.vt.us> wrote:

B. What is a suitable connector?? The problem is that BOTH the battery
   connection and the charger connection are 'live' and can short out
   against a metal object, so the typical "source is Female and load is
   Male" doesn't work. Need some small, simple, cheap hermaphroditic
   connector.  I am leaning toward a simple .100 dual socket with one
   inserted pin (result, one male, one female, no shorts).
   **Sorry for all this sex discussion; I know we have kids here :-)

You might want to consider the connector used for R/C battery packs.  If
memory serves, they are fairly immune to shorting, can only be connected
the right way, and the connectors lock together.  My digi-key catalog
shows Molex as one possible vendor.  The Digikey part numbers are
WM2308-ND, WM2309-ND, WM2310-ND, and WM2310-ND.

Dave Baum

--
Regards, Terry King ...In The Woods In Vermont
tking@waitsriver.k12.vt.us