 Robotics / 15731
15730  |  15732
Subject:
RC enabling mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 01:23:46 GMT

I am in the early stages of trying to develop an RC(Remote Control) system
for the RCX. That is, using radio transmission instead of IR(Infrared). Why
you ask? Because the limitations of the IR systems are driving me nuts. So
my question for you is, has anyone attempted this before? Would any of you
be interested in a group effort? I am fairly new to electronics, but I'm
dumb enough to try this anyway. I figure what better way to learn than to
dive in and start working. I realize there is limited space in the RCX, but
I'm thinking maybe a separate piece would be build that is connected to the
RCX via wire, maybe and input port? Thoughts, comments?

Sean Watson
SeanWatson@ec.rr.com
http://home.ec.rr.com/seanwatson/

"There's a difference between knowing the path...and walking it..." -
Morpheus