 Robotics / 15679
Re: Pneumatics Purchase Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:51:01 GMT

I just saw a new Technics kit added to the S@H site. It is a tow truck and
it uses pneumatics. If you haven't ever used them before, maybe buying a kit
that demonstrates the principles is a good idea?

Jona
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: Pneumatics Purchase Suggestions?

Simon Bennett wrote:

I think the kit has everything you will need to get started but is a bit
expensive as it includes a fair few standard elements.

I've just ordered one of those kits as an "experiment" as a quick • calculation
shows that if you were to buy all the pneumatic elements in the set • separately
then the set is actually pretty good value. I like the look of some of the • wee
models in the kit as well - if I were starting out in pneumatics my • inclination
would be to get this set (or one of the "proper" lego pneumatic models) • and add
on a few of the bits and pieces you suggested.

Here is the pneumatic content of the pneumatic accessory pack with the
corresponding service catalogue prices, all prices in UKP:

Pneumatic valve x 2 = 3.98
2" cylinder                   = 2.50
1.25" cylinder              = 2.99
Compressor pump     = 3.50
Hand pump                   = 2.99
pneumatic tubes          = 2.99

which comes to a total of 18.95 - surprise surprise, the pack is 18.99 and • also
includes a fair amount of other lego pieces as well as an air tank. So • assuming
you want all the parts in it the pack is pretty good value.

Jennifer
http://www.telepresence.strath.ac.uk/jen/lego/