 Robotics / 15674
Re: Pneumatics Purchase Suggestions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 15:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Roy Wood writes:
I've never played with the Lego pneumatics before, but am going to go
ahead and buy some.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to pick up?  >
-Roy

I think the kit has everything you will need to get started but is a bit
expensive as it includes a fair few standard elements.

You must have a pump cylinder, one is enough.  You then will need a valve
for each of the cylinders you wish to separately control.  I would suggest
getting two of the large cylinders and two small ones plus three valves as
you are unlikely to use more than three at once at first.  An Air tank is a
very useful thing which allows you to store air (how surprising!) so get one
of those and round it off with two packs of tubing though you could get away
with one.

Pneumatics is absolutely excellent stuff IMHO and I wish you luck.  If you
have an application in mind let us know and we'll offer advice on what
you'll need to do it.

Psi