 Robotics / 15211
  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

(...) I can't even solve ONE face by hand. And you solve it with an intricate machine built out of Lego! What's your next challenge? :) Bryan (23 years ago, 18-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

(...) I'm not "having a go", I'm just intrigued to see if it is possible. This is the main reason I'm not buying a Lego-Cam. It won't talk to the RCX. Regards Gordon (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

Gordon -- (...) No offence taken. I think it's almost certainly doable completely onboard the RCX, and I considered this as an option. The reasons I didn't do this are as follows: 1. Couldn't think of a another good way of reading the cube facelets. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver : eyeball & turbo 'RCX'

(...) We have started to plan an autonomous "eyeball" using a modest color CMOS sensor 100x100 to 200x200 pixels. With 128x128 and 8 bit color, that's "only" 16 KBytes per image, with no compression. With some simple data reduction it could be much (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

(...) I have been sort of heading that way for the last few weeks. Mainly due to the cost, and the fact that I usually use the Light Sensor with the IR as sonar, and I was thinking that I might get better distance with a passive (CdS) sensor. My (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

Hey, question, are you sure? The Vision Command does controll the RCX with direct real time IR interface, it does'nt take Sensor inputs from the RCX, is that what you mean? Cause I'm having success working with the two, plus I have two Vision cams (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver

Do I understand you have managed to get VC and RCX control together - I am trying this using VC components and they seem to be incompatible. David "Eric Sophie" <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote in message news:GC14F1.rM@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Ok, VC has Motor control, Simply choose a Vision Template and build your command stack using the RCX Motor control. The RCX cannot run normal RCX code while VC makes use of the RCX, nor can the RCX pass sensor readings to VC. VC does not down load (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Hi Eric, I disagree in some points. (...) Please notice, that you can build your own vision templates. (URL)The RCX cannot run normal RCX (...) That's not true ! The VC software downloads a little program (myprog.txt) to your RCX. This little (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc)

  Re: was (RCX+PC=Rubik's Cube Solver) RCX & VC

Hi, Rainer - I too disagree with some points you mention: (...) but it's not out of the box and I'm a purist. (...) box, I'm a purist. Also, are you saying that while VC operates slot 5, it can activate (let's say) slot 4 and run the two programs (...) (23 years ago, 20-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics.vc, lugnet.build.mecha)