 Robotics / 15182
Re: Receiving IR data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:49:57 GMT

Hi James,

James Matthews wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks Stef for that *very useful* piece of information, I've now cracked it
and wrote up a little article on it:

http://www.generation5.org/aisolutions/rob08.shtml

Nice and above simple overview of the IR-communication !
My first attempts were unsuccesfull, because I didn't know you had to invert the "third-bit", thanks to you my attempts gives results.
The rough notes on my project can be seen at

    http://baserv.uci.kun.nl/~smientki/Lego_Knex/Lego_electronica/Data_acquisition.htm

For testing a use a simple general purpose RS232 program, which can also be found on my page.
By the way, did you try the 4800 Hz communication (or at least receiving at 4800 Hz should be possible I read from NQC) ?

It is only preliminary, but I thought people might like to see it. There is
some C++ code snippets and the protocol explanation, using the battery level
indicator as an example.

Regards,

James.

- James Matthews
Generation5: http://www.generation5.org/
"...At the forefront of Artificial Intelligence..."

regards, Stef Mientki