 Robotics / 15133
Re: Receiving IR data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 14:12:35 GMT

hi James,

Sorry I don't know the answers, but I'm communicating with Delphi through the spirit.ocx, which seems to be a bit too slow. I'm able to control my serial port, but do you know how to control the IR-tower, where did you get the information form ?

James Matthews wrote:

Hi there,

I'm new to the group, so I'm not too sure what's on and off topic: if this
is off-topic, sorry in advance.

I was looking at using the IR tower that comes with Mindstorms for my own
use, but I also wanted to experiment using it to communicate with the RCX
manually. I'm using C++ and VC++ 6.0 to develop the application. In the
application I'm using PJ Naughter's CSerialPort class to access the serial
port and send data to the RCX. Now, I can successfully *send* data but I
can't seem to receive it...when I try and read from the serial port it just
echos what was sent.

Does anybody have any experience with C++ and IR communication with the RCX
(or IR in general).

Thanks,

James.

- James Matthews
Generation5: http://www.generation5.org/
"...At the forefront of Artificial Intelligence..."

--

met vriendelijke groet,

Stef Mientki

email: s.mientki@ids.kun.nl